Wednesday, March 18, 2015

PERSPECTIVES ON PINK FLOYD BEST ROCK BAND IN HISTORY

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


As I checked the rankings of "the best rock bands in history" from random websites,I did find some gracious complements about Floyd.I have a separate page assigned for posts on Pink Floyd.I have read almost on all topics I could think of about them - The music,the musicians and their ideology.I cant really think of anything horrible they have written.For example - I hated You Could Be Mine from Guns N Roses and I did not like Radio from The Corrs. Despite being a band on experimental,progressive and psychedelic forms of rock,they managed to do it - have one of the largest fan bases of any band in the world!I dont need to say it again that how much I love and LOVE Pink Floyd.I love their music,I love their lyrics,I love their tunes,I love their instrumentals and most importantly - I LOVE THE MUSICIANS. In a post written before,I probably had said I like Roger Waters and David Gilmour more.I was wrong.Its just like one of my friend says "Next to impossible to sort favourites out of Pink Floyd!"They have sold more than 250 million records worldwide.
I originally used to be a David Gilmour fan imagining the real music was brought out by him.I was wrong on that.Without Waters,the band would have lacked all those concepts I simply adore.Moreover he is a frank speaker,even more than Gilmour and though being involved with any political organisation,I have seen left ideals in him,more than in Gilmour who is a leftist.I loved the way Roger spoke about Margaret Thatcher,The Falklands War,Palestine and George W. Bush; no musician on earth would have got guts like that.Richard Wright is great,he seems quite and introvert to me.And thats a big similarity! I like introvert people,they often have a certain depth in them.And he played great,he was a great pianist/keyboardist.And imagine Pink Floyd without drums! It would have been something like - The Catholic Choir instead of Floyd (Note that though I do not support the Catholics except for Catholic Marxists and  am not offending any particular religious sect.I dont have any interest in any religious group dwelling on this planet but I am a bit angry about idiots such as Mikhail Gorbachev,Pope John Paul II - yes you heard me right and their behaviour with the newly born band Pink Floyd) THIS POST IS TO BE CONTINUED TOMORROW.

for details click below

No comments:

Post a Comment